City Of Mulberry Water Treatment Plant
Phase I Water Shortage Restrictions
Always refer to your city or county regulations first.
Effective Date and Areas
- The District’s Phase I water shortage restrictions went into effect on Dec. 1, 2010 and are scheduled to expire on July 31, 2013.
- Restrictions apply to all of Charlotte, Citrus, DeSoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota and Sumter counties; portions of Lake and Levy counties; and the portion of Gasparilla Island in Lee County, except where stricter measures have been imposed by local governments. Always refer to your local government or utility restrictions first.
- Marion County follows the St. Johns River Water Management District’s water restrictions; however, the City of Dunnellon and The Villages remain under the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s water restrictions.
- Some local governments such as Hernando, Pasco and Sarasota counties have local ordinances and choose to remain on one-day-per-week restrictions.
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and other common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Handwatering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
View map of
- Residents are asked to check their irrigation systems to ensure they are working properly. This means testing and repairing broken pipes and leaks, and damaged or tilted sprinkler heads.
- Residents should also check their irrigation timer to ensure the settings are correct and the rain sensor is working properly in accordance with state law.
City of Mulberry Utility Dept.
500 S.W. 2nd Street
Winter Haven, Florida 33881
Phone: (863) 425-5492
Fax: (863) 425-5497
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.